Hoofjack® Hoof Stand - Geriatric
The Geriatric Hoofjack® is intended for the horse with severely limited range of motion that would normally require you to work off the toe of your boot. The Geriatric cradle and post, which are essentially cut-down versions of the standard cradle and post, when paired with the mini base give you the lowest possible settings which will accommodate most geriatric and/or lame horses. While the mini base can be used under full size horses it must be noted that you will not have the full stability of the standard/medium Hoofjack®. That said, most geriatric and/or lame horses are not very active and find the support provided by the geriatric stand beneficial, and you will as well.
The Geriatric cradle will accommodate ponies to small drafts (hooves smaller than a size 7 shoe or < 7 3/4" wide).
The Geriatric Hoofjack® includes one mini base, Geriatric cradle, and one Geriatric straight post with rubber cap.
- The mini base is made of linear polyethylene.
- Two strong 90 lb. pull magnets are included to hold your rasp, nippers, hoof knife etc., close at hand.
- The base material comes with a three year warranty against horse breakage.
- Free 40 minute Hoofjack® instructional video included.
- Supports the hoof for daily care, treatment, bandaging, and more.
- Eliminates the need to put the hoof between your knees or support the horses weight with your body
- Take your mind off your back and knees and put it back into your work.
- Trim and rasp without ever putting the hoof between your knees or supporting the horse with your body
- The solution for the leaning horse
- Accommodates older horses with a limited range of motion
- Use the straight post for clipping or applying hoof polish
- Allows the horse to stand in an anatomically correct and comfortable position. A comfortable horse will be more compliant making your job easier and safer.
- The cradle and straight post can be used on both the front and hind feet meaning you never have to support the weight of the horse with your hands or your body again.
|Base Height||Base Width||Cradle Height Adjustment|
|7.5" (19.1 cm)||12.5" (45.7 cm)||8.5" - 13" (29.2 - 30.5 cm)|
Download FREE 40 minute Hoofjack® Instructional Video
Do not leave a horse with its foot on the stand unattended!
- Hoofjack® is only for use on horses that have been trained to submit their foot to the handler.
- For safety and stability, one or both feet of the user should always be on the stand when in use.
- Working with and around horses may be hazardous. Equine Innovations Inc. is not responsible for damages that may occur due to the use of this product.
Comfort for your horse, Ease for your body